|Population:||377 (2006 Census)|
The town of Broomehill owes its creation to the Great Southern Railway, which was completed in 1889. The railway runs from Beverley to Albany. Broomehill is named after Sir Frederick Napier Broome (1842-96) who was then the Governor of Western Australia.
A group of settlers from the now extinct town of Eticup moved to the present site of Broomehill to help establish a township after the construction of the railway was completed. These settlers included the Withams, the Walshes, and the Curnows. These three families worked hard to establish the early structures. In 1892, a Police Station and Post Office were also established.
The official spelling of Broomehill was changed from two words to one in 1959.