|Isle of Axholme|
Isle of Axholme was a rural district in Lincolnshire, Parts of Lindsey from 1894 to 1974. It was formed under the Local Government Act 1894 based on the Lincolnshire parts of the Thorne rural sanitary district and two parishes of the Goole RSD (covering the northern part of the Isle of Axholme).
It was abolished in 1974 under the Local Government Act 1972 and went to form part of the Boothferry district of Humberside. Since 1996 it has been incorporated in the unitary authority of North Lincolnshire.