Mona Johannesson (born September 18, 1986, Huskvarna, Sweden) is a Swedish model. In Sweden, she is considered on one of the top models in the country.
Johannesson was discovered at the age of 14 by an IMG Models scout while she was at a horse trials event in Gothenburg, Sweden. She modeled only part time until she finished school. Once she finished her education, she moved to London. Her big break came when an editorial in Fjords magazine re-created some of model Kate Moss's most famous poses, and Johannesson was quickly dubbed "The Next Kate Moss", including by Vogue. The nickname "Baby Kate" has stuck with her ever since. By January 2005, she had already appeared in British Vogue, Pop, Italian Vanity Fair, and Italian Vogue (twice).
Despite her short stature (by modeling standards) , Johannesson has walked in numerous fashion shows including Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Nina Ricci, Miu Miu Burberry, amongst others. Her list of advertising campaigns includes Armani Exchange, Boucheron Jewelry, Bulgari, Burberry Blue, Cacharel, Costume National, Filippa K, Hogan, Hugo by Hugo Boss, H&M Divided, iBlues, Kurt Geiger, Les Printemps, Nina Ricci, Tse Cashmere, Ungaro Fuchsia, and Valentino RED.
- ↑ (in Swedish). Metro (Sweden). September 5, 2006. http://www.metro.se/se/article/2006/09/05/06/2949-23/index.xml. Retrieved 2010-09-30. "Supermodellen
Namn: Mona Johannesson.
Ålder: Fyller 19.
Bor: New York och hästgård i Fägersta, Småland.
Familj: Mamma, Pappa och pojkvän.
Aktuell: Vann Årets modell på Elle-galan i år, och har gått visningar för bland andra Chanel, Nina Ricci och Missoni – plus alla andra. Pryder omslaget till månadens Elle."
- ↑ Sofi listar Sveriges hetaste modeller, Aftonbladet, November 15, 2009 (listing Johannesson 4th among Sweden's top models, noting her involvement in TV ads for Chanel, Kenzo, Nina Ricci, Paul Smith, Dolce & Gabbana, Burberry, and Fendi, and ad campaigns for Tommy Hilfiger, H & M, and Topshop)
- ↑ Hetaste modellerna i Sverige just nu, Expressen (in Swedish), February 11, 2007 (ranking Johannesson as the top model in the country at the moment, as reported by Swedish Cosmopolitan)
- ↑ Det är väl tryckfel..., Expressen (in Swedish), February 10, 2007 (noting that readers have voted the "supermodell" as the third sexiest woman in Sweden)
- ↑ . Vogue (magazine). 8 December 2004. http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/daily/2004-12/041208-shes-the-one.aspx. Retrieved 2009-04-25. "..."
- ↑ Trebay, Guy (9 February 2005). . New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/09/fashion/shows/09diar.html?pagewanted=print&position=. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- ↑ Tenni, Joseph. Model mania: Monthly batch of hot new models to feast your eyes on, Hint Fashion Magazine (January 2005)"
- ↑ . Fashion Model Directory. http://www.fashionmodeldirectory.com/models/Mona_Johannesson/. Retrieved 2010-10-09.